Streaming Media

Event Title

2011 South South Forum on Sustainability

Start Date

12-12-2011 10:45 AM

End Date

12-12-2011 12:00 PM

Language

English

Description

My empirical research started with China’s experiment of rural reform during the 1980s-90s. According to the principle of experiment, only through a process of incessant falsification can we approach the truth. In the process my preliminary conclusion was the theory of institutional costs. However in later comparative studies on different countries, I found that institutional cost was not my innovation. Instead my theoretical innovation should be the discovery that the vested interest groups which appropriate the returns of an institutional transition constantly transfer the institutional costs to disadvantaged groups located at a less privileged position in the institutional structure. Therefore I revise my theory as the theory of transfer of institutional costs.

Document Type

Conference

Recommended Citation

Wen, T. (2011, December). Challenge of inclusive growth: Global capitalization: Institutional cost transferring and the economic of being poor = 包容性增長的挑戰: 全球資本化: 制度成本轉嫁與貧困經濟學. Paper presented at 2011 South South Forum on Sustainability, Lingnan University, Hong Kong.

Share

COinS

Dec 12th, 10:45 AM Dec 12th, 12:00 PM

Challenge of inclusive growth : global capitalization : institutional cost transferring and the economic of being poor = 包容性增長的挑戰: 全球資本化: 制度成本轉嫁與貧困經濟學