The Fifth South South Forum on Sustainability focuses on “TRANSFORMATIVE VISIONS AND PRAXIS”. As a continuation of the debates of the previous four forums, the aim of the Fifth Forum is to examine the current state of affairs – the global financial and economic crises worsening, political-militaristic ventures and threats in NE Asia and Middle East in particular, and social polarizations and tensions in nation-states aggravating. Going beyond just critiquing the state of affairs, the Forum will articulate and debate transformative visions and paradigms, which will be based on transformative praxis, drawing upon experiences of community governance in Asia, Africa and Latin America, and foregrounding the concept of “the common” in the production of a new mode of cohabitation. The Forum is a platform for dialogues and debates among grassroots practices in the production, dissemination and use of knowledge, as well as interactions among thinkers in search of paradigms for peace and justice. Review of the experiences of specific countries such as China and Korea will be one feature of this Forum. The Forum is composed of:
- Conference (13-17 June), in which invited speakers each delivers 45-60 minute speech in the morning, followed by interventions and debates in the afternoon, and a thematic session.
- E-Lecture Series before, during and after the Forum, which will be uploaded to the website: http://our-global-u.org/oguorg/en/introduction/
- Sessions proposed by participants and free interactions in the evenings of 14-18 June.
For the Reader and full Participants List, please see https://our-global-u.org/oguorg/en/the-fifth-south-south-forum-on-sustainability-june-2018/
- Department of Cultural Studies, Lingnan University
- Global University for Sustainability
- Asian Regional Exchange for New Alternatives (ARENA)
PeaceWomen Across the Globe
Institute of Social Sciences, Daegu Catholic University, Republic of Korea
Centre for Film Studies and Cultural Studies, Peking University
Centre of Rural Reconstruction, Renmin University of China
Tsinghua Institute for Advanced Study in Humanities and Social Sciences
Institute of Rural Reconstruction of China, Southwest University
Institute of Rural Reconstruction of the Straits, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University
Green Ground Eco-Tech Centre (Beijing)