電影放映 : 愛知核心 = Film Screening : The heart of the matter

Streaming Media

Event Title

新自由主義下的新道德國際研討會

Location

嶺南大學林柄炎樓地下MBG07 / Main Building MBG07, Lingnan University

Start Date

24-5-2014 7:00 PM

End Date

24-5-2014 8:30 PM

Language

English; Cantonese

Description

1981年,美國出現了首宗女性愛滋病感染個案。1994年,美國疾病控制中心報告顯示,愛滋病在15至44歲美國女性人口致命疾病中位列前五名,更成為非裔美國婦女致命疾病的榜首。這些數字儘管被報道出來,卻仍舊被大眾漠視。電視節目中福音傳教士依然說愛滋病曾是–現在還是–「罪人之病」。 《愛知核心》破天荒地透過協助受感染婦女發聲來審視這議題。她們大部份本來以為女性感染愛滋是不可思議的,或者認為「關於愛滋病的說法都不適用於我」。這就使她們成為典型感染者。電影中心人物是Janice Jirau,她從丈夫處感染得來。「我愛丈夫,而且覺得需要向他證明我的愛,於是他有什麼要求我都答應他… 他不想戴套。」病中的Janice成為了愛滋教育工作者,充滿能量、勇氣與自我認知。她在鏡頭前最後一句話道出所有受訪者的共同感受:每個人,每個家庭,即使沒有直接受感染,也終受這病所深深影響。 荷安柏創辦了紐約「男同志健康危機」組織中的女同愛滋感染項目,這是在美國首次出現關注女同志愛滋病的組織項目。

與談人:荷安柏及鄧芝珊

In 1981, the first female case of AIDS was reported in the US. In 1994, the US Center for Disease Control reported that AIDS was one of the top five killers of women between the ages of fifteen and forty-four and the number-one killer of African-American women. These numbers were reported but were not taken seriously. Popular TV evangelists have been preaching that AIDS was, and still is, a "disease of sinners." Heart of the Matter examines this issue through a series of interviews with HIV-positive women, most of whom felt that it was a myth that women could get AIDS or believed that "a lot of what was written wasn't written for people like me." That makes them typical. At the center of the film is Janice Jirau, who contracted AIDS through her husband. "I loved my husband and felt that I needed to prove that, so whatever he needed I gave him…he didn't want to use a condom.” Through the course of her illness, Janice's strength as an orator and educator provides her with unique courage and self-awareness. Her last words to the camera echo the sentiments of all those interviewed: everyone, all families, will be affected, if not infected, by this disease. Amber Hollibaugh is the founding director of the Lesbian AIDS Project at the Gay Men’s Health Crisis, the first project of its kind in USA.

Discussants: Amber Hollibaugh and Denise Tse-Shang Tang

Additional Information

Year: 1994

美國 USA
英語對白中文字幕 English dialogues with Chinese subtitles

56 min.

導演/監製:荷安柏及真利瑞迪克 Dir./Pro: Amber Hollibaugh and Gini Retickler

獲美國太陽舞電影節自由表達獎Winner of Freedom of Expression Award, Sundance Film Festival

Document Type

Conference

Recommended Citation

荷安柏、鄧芝珊 (2014,5月)。電影放映 : 愛知核心 = Film screening: The heart of the matter。發表於新自由主義下的新道德國際研討會,嶺南大學,香港。

This document is currently not available here.

Share

COinS

May 24th, 7:00 PM May 24th, 8:30 PM

與談人:荷安柏及鄧芝珊