•  
  •  

Volume 5 (2015) 2014/2015 Academic Year Issue

Comments and Greetings from the Editor…

One of the most interesting, inspiring and educating projects that I have been involved in is the 2014/2015 academic year issue of the LINGNAN JOURNAL OF BANKING, FINANCE AND ECONOMICS. Every time I read the essays in this journal, I am amazed by the level of knowledge and understanding that some of our classmates have in some areas of economics and finance.

I am impressed to see how our classmates took some basic ideas or concepts that were learned in class, to develop into some academic research and empirical investigation, and to incorporate their own thoughtful opinions, to finally produce these meaningful papers that are worth reading and studying.

Once you become a student in the MIBF program and attend such a variety of classes, you would appreciate all the new information that will be really useful on your professional path. We live in a globalized world, where the opportunities in local or international markets are wide open; it is up to us to take advantage of them.

Every one of us must look for our own dream job, whether it is in an investment bank, a commercial bank, a wealth management firm or in the retail sector. Yet the important message here is that all of us are capable of achieving it, as long as we keep giving our best and always pushing our boundaries to reach higher goals.

I hope that after this year, all of us will learn and absorb a lot that will help us in our future, and remember that the people we met in this program could be your friends for life.

Finally, I want to thank our Acting Director, Dr. Kent Lai, for pushing us to get out of our comfort zone and give our best, as well to salute other great professors that allowed us be part of this wonderful experience.

If you have any comments or queries you may contact me at nelsonaldazavalencia@ln.hk.

Nelson Alejandro Daza Valencia
Student Managing Editor

Articles

Student Managing Editor

Nelson Alejandro Daza Valencia