•  
  •  

Volume 3 (2012) 2011/2012 Academic Year Issue

Comments and Greetings from the Editor…

As managing editor, it is my distinct pleasure to present to you the Lingnan University Journal of Banking, Finance, and Economics. The papers presented herein, demonstrate the level of knowledge attained and hard work performed by the students in the MIBF program. In the classroom, MIBF students are taught theory and in these papers they are clearly able to convey their application of theoretical knowledge attained to complex, real-world issues.

These papers were not written merely to achieve a grade but achieve a mastery of the field of International Banking and Finance. The international presence at Lingnan has better prepared the students of MIBF for a life that is increasingly exposed to the effects of globalization. These papers demonstrate an understanding of the effects of financial decisions on the community and that now that means the global community. It is hoped that the papers in this publication are used for the betterment of the global community.

I hope that you enjoy reading these papers as much as I enjoyed editing them. Please send any comments or queries to michaeljosephsilk@ln.edu.hk.

Michael Silk
Managing Editor

Articles

PDF

The global financial tsunami : 2008
Juan Manuel CHAVES ECHEVERRI

Managing Editor

Michael Silk