Lingnan had opened a medical school in 1910 in conjunction with the Christian Association of the University of Pennsylvania but conflicts with the Association’s strict religious requirements led to the closure of the school in 1914. This building was constructed by the Chinese government adjacent to the Canton Hospital in downtown Canton. The new medical school was affiliated with the Hackett Medical College for Women in Guangzhou. The Dean from 1935 to 1944 was Dr. Wong Man, who had degrees from Cambridge and London.
Sun Yat-sen Medical College, 孫逸仙紀念醫學院