Breakfast Thematic Discussions
The Breakfast Thematic Discussions is going to be held on 10 June from 7:45-9:00am on Lingnan campus.The purpose of the Breakfast Thematic Discussions is to provide an informal setting for conference delegates to network with peers with similar Service-Learning interests.
There will be 10 tables at the breakfast, each with its own discussion theme and facilitator, selected from the conference delegates based on his/her knowledge in the chosen field.
1. Partnership Development - Dr. Robert SHUMER, Research Associate & Lecturer, Curriculum and Instruction, University of Minnesota, United States
2. Institutionalization of Service-Learning - Prof. Dayle M. SMITH, Professor of Management and former Chair of the Organizations, Leadership and Society (OLS) Department at the University of San Francisco, United States
3. Outcome-Based Measurement - Prof. Dwight E. GILES, Jr., Professor of Higher Education Administration and Senior Associate at the New England Resource Center for Higher Education in the College of Education and Human Development, University of Massachusetts, Boston, United States
4. Cross-Cultural/International Service-Learning - Prof. YEN Jen Chi, Director, Service-Learning Center, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
5. Student Leadership and Training - Ms. Nurredina WORKMAN, Program Coordinator, Cal Corps Public Service Center, University of California, Berkeley, United States
6. Critical Reflection - Prof. LAU Tai Shing, Director, Service-Learning Programme, Chung Chi College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
7. Technology, Innovation and Service-Learning - Mr. Brant KNUTZEN, Educational Designer, Teaching and Learning Centre, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
8. Curriculum Design and Training - Dr. TENG Su Ching, Head of the General Studies Programme and the University Core Curriculum at SIM University, Singapore
9. Knowledge Transfer and Service-Learning - Ms. TANG Pui Yee, Phoebe, Senior Project Officer, Asia-Pacific Institute of Ageing Studies, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
10. Addressing 21st Century Challenges Through Service-Learning - Dr. Enrique ORACION, Director of Research, Silliman University, Philippines
|Friday, June 10th|
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM