嶺南歷史 : 展板 = Lingnan History : Boards

 

Creator

Preview

image preview

Creation Date

2-2017

Description

1903年,學校選定廣州河南康樂作永久校址,以康樂校園為本部陸續擴展。1927年,學校交由國人自辦,正式改名為「私立嶺南大學」,並委任鍾榮光博士成為首位華人校長。

1937年中日戰爭爆發,嶺南師生於1938年撤離廣州康樂校園到香港,借用香港大學校園復課。及後香港淪陷,嶺南被迫停課,後得時任校長李應林博士偷渡回粵北,與司徒衛等人於曲江仙人廟建設「嶺大村」讓嶺南復課。

1945年抗戰勝利,嶺南大學於同年10月重返廣州康樂校園復課,直至1952年因當時新政府進行高等教育院系調整而停辦。

In 1903, the College established its campus at Hong Lok in the Honaam district of Guangzhou and continued to develop. In 1927, the College was turned over to Chinese administration and was formally renamed as "Lingnan University", with Dr. Chung Wing Kwong was appointed as the first Chinese President.

Lingnan University underwent a tough period since the outbreak of Sino-Japanese war in 1937. Lingnan evacuated from Hong Lok campus, and resumed classes in Hong Kong by making use of the facilities at the University of Hong Kong. Later in 1941, Hong Kong fell during Pacific War. President Lee Ying-lam returned to the Northern Guangdong and rebuilt Lingnan University with Szto Wai and other Lingnanians at Sinyanmiu, Kukong, which was commonly referred as "Lingtaitsuen".

After the victory against Japanese aggression in 1945, Lingnan University immediately returned to Guangzhou and resumed full operation at Hong Lok campus. But later in 1952, Lingnan University in Guangzhou was suspended after a major reorganization of higher education in China.

Share

COinS